2016-17 Contest Rules
1. You must be a paid member of the Kansas City Bead Society in order to participate in the contest.
2. Contest beads will be selected by blind drawing at the November, 2016 meeting of the Bead
Society. No one will be allowed to pick through the beads for the "best" one. Contest beads
will be available at the monthly Bead Society meetings until the January 13, 2017 meeting or
until the supply is exhausted whichever comes first.
3 Members who take contest beads but do not participate in the contest are asked to complete
a project using the bead/s to be donated to Hope House.
4. You must use the bead provided for the contest and at least 5 additional beads of your own choosing.
5. The contest bead/s must be visible in the finished design.
6. Your contest piece must be an original design.
7. You may use any technique including, but not limited to: off-loom beadweaving, loom
beadweaving, bead stringing, bead embroidery, bead crochet, bead knitting, macrame,
kumihimo, wirework, metalwork, polymer clay, and mixed media, just to name a few
possibilities. Regardless of the technique used, you must comply with all other contest rules.
8. Please name your contest piece.
9. Contest pieces must be turned in at the February 13, 2015 Bead Society meeting along with a
completed entry form. If you are not able to attend the meeting, you may still enter the contest by submitting
your piece and a completed entry form to a member of the Program Committee prior to the meeting.
10. Only paid members of the Bead Society will be allowed to vote on contest pieces.
11. Prizes will be awarded as follows:
1st Prize: $75.00
2nd Prize: $50.00
3rd Prize: 1 year membership dues for KCBS
12. All contest pieces will be held by the Kansas City Bead Society after the February 13, 2015
meeting to be used for the following:
Display in locked cases at the Gem & Mineral Show in March
Display in locked cases at Bead Blast in May
Photographs to be published on KCBS website and/or Facebook page.
Contest pieces will be returned after the close of Bead Blast on Sunday or at the next KCBS
Home > Monthly Programs and Workshops > Monthly Programs & Workshop > Programs 2017 > February Program 2017 >